Filled with easy-to-cook recipes that can be created from the comfort of your home, Hooked highlights dishes made by some of Vancouver’s most talented Executive and Sous Chefs.
Alessandro Vianello, Head Chef at Pourhouse: Alessando is Head Chef at Pourhouse in Gastown. Heavily influenced by his chef uncles and his Nonno in Italy, Alessandro has always had a natural obssession with food. 20 years later, he’s still doing what he loves, including making his favourite dish - spaghetti bolognese. When he’s not at Pourhouse, Alessandro is out golfing or cooking with friends.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Serving Size: Serves Two Adults
Skill Level: Easy
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup of pea shoots
- 1 tbsp. of dill
- ½ lemon cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp. of celery leaf
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 leeks
- 12 nugget potatoes
- 2 x 200g trawl-caught BC Pacific cod portion
Blood Orange Dressing
- Combine the juice from 1 blood orange with 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, and salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly in a small bowl and set aside.
BC Albacore Tuna
- Slice 350g of albacore tuna into thin slices.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Dress the tuna by lathering all sides with the blood orange dressing.
- Lay the albacore tuna pieces on a wide plate and arrange ¼ cup of pickled jalapenos throughout the plate. Garnish with 4 leaves of freshly cut basil leaves. Finish by drizzling remaining dressing on top.
About Hooked Cookbook
Features range from Botanist’s Beet Cured BC Salmon to Royal Dinette’s BC Pacific Cod with Nugget Potatoes – dishes that are perfect examples of Vancouver’s thriving food scene.
Through 16 unique seafood dishes, Hooked celebrates both experienced and up-and-coming chefs, who often work without recognition – giving them a platform to build their brand and showcase their culinary expertise.
We hope you enjoy cooking incredible seafood dishes with the help of this cookbook. Post your renditions using #FreshlineDelivery to be featured on our Instagram and Facebook page.
Connect with Freshline:
We're always looking to connect with our customers. To get in touch, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or through our website.